What Do I Do?





Nothing but campaign lately. Even while seeking with a Bard static partner the invites do get pretty slow. I'm actually almost 71 with nothing but campaign. Although i will admit I have joined the choir as subjob Bard just singing because I have noticed spamming songs constantly gets me more exp than actually going out to fight. Like i have gotten 6-7k from Song spamming, and doing a similar campaign doing fighting as 70THF/NIN where i will only get 1-1.3k. I read in the interview that the "Song/Buff Spamming" will be gimped so i might as well make the best of it when i don't feel like getting owned.

I have finished all the WOTG missions so far, really great epic cutscenes. SE did a spectacular job with these cutscenes. In the past cutscenes it was kind of bland with just characters moving their mouths and blah blah, but in WOTG they actually put forth the effort for more advanced facial expressions and made it a little more cinematic and better to watch. I LOVE Lilisette though. I am in love with this NPC, she is so beautiful, SE did a beautiful job with this NPC, I think i am in love with her, and want to marry her. Even though we can't women can't marry other women in this game, especially NPC ones.

So my life has come under alot of pressure, i really have no idea how to jump start my life, everytime i go do something, nothing gets accomplished and i sit back down on the game after a long day of nothing. I mean i just keep going on with dead end coursework at a community college. All i do is just take classes, no guidance, no idea what im doing or where i am going. I just wish i can look forward in time and see where i am supposed to be. I am in control of my own life, but i guess i need a little guidance on how to work the controls. Already past 20 years of life, and while everyone else is getting jobs, almost finishing college, getting married, etc, I still have no idea what im supposed to do, or who i am supposed to be. It does get frustrating, and maybe one day I will know.

So with THF I am having a bit of an issue with Dagger choices, right now I am wearing a Hoplites Harpe and a Behemoth knife, but apparantly this isn't good enough at lvl 70 because i keep getting /sigh emotes from THFs who check me in Whitegate. Keep in mind I am not even 75 yet and am not wearing the gear i plan on wearing, like Dusk and stuff, so of course my gear isn't as great as a 75THF, but soon though soon.

As for now i am dead tired, i have been having trouble sleeping lately. Even with some nighttime sleeping aid pills its hard to sleep. I have found a way that helps me get to sleep actually and that is to have West Ronfaure music playing. I don't know why but that music is like a sleep aid for me it puts me to sleep right away. I also have to be somewhat cold as im sleeping so i turn my fan to max and try not to sleep with a blanket.

What conditions do you have to meet in order to get to sleep? (and dont be boring and just say "I just put my head down =P)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our personal lives are in the same boat right now. No real income, everyone I know is getting married or getting out of college... I look for a job all day, but the unemployment rate is so high in maine. Blah... I just need to get out of this state.

Sleep wise, I have to have noise. If its to quiet, I end up thinking and keeping myself up, so I'll listen to people on skype, play DVD or a random play list on youtube and pass out. I also cant sleep if its too dark in the room. I'm not scared of the dark or anything... Its kind of hard to explain... I just don't sleep in the dark is all.

Anonymous said...

for 70 thief i would suggest using Magnet Knife/ Garuda's Dagger (both extremly cheap/easy to get)or a sirocco kukri for offhand instead (pain in the butt to get but not nearly as hard as it seems, its much like Joyeuse

At 72, switch your main to Blau Dolche,if you have the money, one of the best daggers in the game, and unless you have relic or perseu's harpe, its the best main hand dagger your bound to get. and even if you get a relic or a P.Harpe, its the best possible offhand dagger ive seen :p

if by 71 you dont have a sirocco kukri, best offhand choices are. Misericorde, Misericorde+1, Daylight Dagger, and Stylet. if your leveling thief cheaply, get the misericorde until you can get a sirocco kukri

as for sleeping, im having a really hard time getting to sleep myself, i normally am in bed by midnight but not asleep till 3am, i find a fan running helps me go to sleep, but i still sometimes suffer from insomnia :(

~Konoko of Diabolos

Anonymous said...

My only suggestion is selphiie what do you love to do most? Like what is your favorite hobbies? You say school is pretty dull, is it your first year? What are you studying? You seem to be having some medical problems, thou you might think there just minor issue, in reality there could be serious problems. I suggest you should consulate a trust worthy doctor.

Your a very pretty girl, makes me wonder why your not hooked up with someone. But who knows you could find someone while at school.

I too am a person with very bad sleeping problems. There really nothing I can do to help me sleep right. My body just shuts down when it needs to and i sleep for how ever long it requires to sleep. Some days I'll sleep for more then 20+ hrs, others just a few hrs and i feel good as new. I've had a pretty rough childhood and upraising which has resulted in these problems.

I just adapt. Not much else you can do these problems will be with me for the rest of my life. My only suggestion is don't give up and be patient. Eventually you figure out what you want to do. Everyone grows different.

Game wise now :P sorry for the emo stuff just trying to life that sadness i feel from you.

Daggers hmm I know your don't like to skip out on items and your wallet is pretty big. 72 you must get a Blau, before that for main hand weapon i would stick with the H.Harpe you got and off hand a low delay dagger. Sirocco is deal but that NM is pretty awful to camp. H.Harpe + Garuda's dagger is fine. You said your 70 right, not point in wasting gil on some weapon that you will only use for 2 lvls of xping.

Stylet is awful to resell, Misericorde(+1) is also in the sasme boat. Daylight dagger is a waste of time to camp.

For final endgame daggers the list is sorta like this (Best combo being top)

Relic/X's Knife
X's Knife/Blau
Blau/sirocco
P.Harpe/Blau

Those are the Top 5 daggers for Thf.

Coming Soon

  • Magic Pot Shards
  • Spider Webs
  • Colibri Beak/Feathers
  • Demon Weapons
  • Gnole Claw
  • Lizard Egg/Tail/Skin
  • Lynx Hide/Meat
  • Ordelle's Caves
  • Hippogryph Feather/Tailfeather
  • Agaricus Mushroom
  • Thundermelon
  • Malboro Vine
  • Gigas Gauntlets/Helm
  • Raptor Skin
  • Avatar Blood
  • Lacquer Tree Log
  • Demon Horn/Skull
  • TOA Beastman Weapons